Thursday, February 10

MUCH TIME! but no time for HairKut!

So much time has past since my last post and lets just say that after the fiasco with my account (I still hate TCF) I have been pretty busy....shopping! This week marked a great one in my life because Tuesday was the Founders Day of Kappa Alpha Psi Greater Beta Chapter.... Shoutout to the NUPES! YO YO!!! And while on the subject of the Nupes, it is with much regret that I am missing my first Krimson and Kream Ball hosted by my chapter. But, I will be at the Krimson and Kream Ball (it's a Delta Ball, but since I'm a Nupe and I will be present, I've made a new declaration) in GERMANY this weekend!!! Apparently my friend Danielle has a cousin here that is greek and she got us tickets, so the tux is out and mon papillon est pret!

This past weekend I went Salsa dancing with Ibrahim, a beastly salsa dancer and member of the Caliente Fam. We went out with two of his fellow coworkers, one which happened to be a supermodel and I must say a brother looks good because she definitely wanted a piece of moi! But enough about that because things like that spring me into trouble....

And now lets see, this week I officially got my Eurail Pass which means Europe here I come. Belguim, Germany, and Metz are on the list for the weekend. Amderstam might be later next week *wink wink*

Now, Unfortunately due to the fact that this world can't seem to go without taxing any and everything my adventure for a SLR camera has come to halt---> For my camera to get through French customs, its well over 200 dollars and for my old camera to ship from home it's 150 dollars and probably some custom fees will be tacked on to that. So for all you folks waiting on the glorious photos... Sry but the Iphone has got to do for a while.

Which brings me to the close of todays blog.... I set out on a journey to find a barbershop, because lets face it, I need a Klean Kut for this ball. So I took the metro into Paris and started walking around the neighborhood of my old hostel. When I finally found the barbershop there was an Arab man with someone already in his chair. I saw the dude's lining and it was clean so I thought, "it's either this or I would need to buy a pair of clippers!" So I sat and watched him cut the guys hair and with each moment more fear built up inside of me. For one, he was using scissors and well all know you do not raise scissors to a fade! Then I saw him using a razor, and I usually don't mess with those either! And so the final string was pulled when I saw him using gel and a blow dryer.... The feeling I had in my stomach was the same one as a kid when my mom grabbed the clippers and a bowl from the cabinet for me and my brother. At last it was my turn, the barber and I spent about 20 minutes of trying to translate what 'EVEN all-around' was, when finally I just said cut it and I closed my eyes. Surprisingly, the kut was not that bad.... I was a little skeptical of my lining at first but it is decent! So now, I have conquered one of my most dreaded fears of a foreign world: THE BARBER!

No comments:

Post a Comment